In 1830, the first residents of the village built a small church which they dedicated to Agios Georgios. According to some information there used to be an old monastery in the same area which was later on destroyed.

At the church entrance, inscribed on the rock there is a date reading 1886. The church was expanded in the same year. 

The church is stony. Internally the walls are white without any hagiographies, while there is also a small women’s mezzanine floor.

The chancel is old, wooden and painted. It has four large icons and 11 small ones. The floor of the church consists of large pieces of local stone.

The church was inaugurated in the year 2000.